Monday, November 12, 2007

Implicit Web

I came across a post in ZDNet Blogs this morning about the 'Implicit Web' - a term that was born from the meeting of minds after hours at the recent DeFrag Conference. Here is the bit that got me really excited:

"The implicit web is not part of the Semantic Web, but they are closely related. If the Semantic Web constructs a conceptual model of World Wide Web, the implicit web constructs a behavior model of World Wide Web."

The Semantic Web has been lingering in my imagination for a few months now. I feel like this sort of 'web theory' is becoming more obviously important (I keep hearing about it more and more in the low-lit corners of my RSS feed).
I want to ride this wave, I want to help build the new web.

Anyway, the post has motivated me to finally get those two books that have been in my Amazon Shopping Cart for a few weeks now:
Everything Is Miscellaneous: The Power of the New Digital Disorder - David Weinberger
Glut: Mastering Information Through The Ages - Alex Wright


No comments: